Your privacy is extremely important to Jivaro ehf. (referred to herein as "Company", "we" or us"), the owner, developer and operator of the website www.jivaro.com (the "Site") and the Jivaro poker software suite (the "System"), which combined make up our services (the "Service"). We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information collected by us in order to allow you to enjoy using our System and Site. Your data is protected by the Icelandic Data Protection Act 2000 and the Eurozone’s privacy regulations.
2. WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF INFORMATION
2.1. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you create an account or otherwise purchase or request services from us or our business partners. This personal information includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, downloading or registering to use our System, posting material, or requesting or purchasing other services. We also may ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, our business partners, or when you report a problem with our Site.
When you create an account or otherwise purchase services, you are required to submit some personal and contact information. Once you sign into the Site using your login information, you are not anonymous to us.
2.2. IP ADDRESS
When you use a Site, we gather information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners. We use IP addresses for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the Site.
2.3. SITE USAGE
We collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and Site usage. This information may include details of (1) transactions you carry out through our Site, (2) the fulfillment of your orders and (3) your visits to our Site, such as location data, traffic, weblogs, referring web addresses, and other communication data and resources you access. We may collect this information regardless of whether required for our own billing purposes. This information is used to analyze and improve the Site and to provide the Company users with a more fulfilling experience.
Cookies are small files that reside on your data storage device (such as a computer or smartphone) and store information about your use of our Site. Cookies help us to improve our Site and deliver a more personalized service. Generally speaking, cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Site according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you return to our site
For your information, we use the following specific types of cookies on our site
- "Strictly necessary cookies": These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- "Analytical/performance cookies": These types of cookies allow providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around their website when they are using it. This assists providers in improving the way their website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- "Functionality cookies": These are used to recognize users when they return to a website. They enable the personalization of content, the recognition of users and remember user preferences (for example, their choice of language or region).
- "Targeting cookies": These cookies record a user's visit to a website, the individual pages visited and the links followed. If the cookie is set by a third party (for example, an advertising network) which also monitors traffic on other websites, this type of cookies may also be used to track a user's movements across different websites and to create profiles of their general online behavior. Information collected by tracking cookies is commonly used to serve users with targeted online advertising.
2.5. USE OF WEB ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
Some of Company’s business partners show our advertisements on sites across the internet. In connection with these advertisements and our Site, we may use certain web analytics services. The web analytics help us understand how users use our Site and help us advertise online.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by our business partners on servers outside the European Economic Area. Our partners will use this information to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity for us and provide us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. From time to time, our partners may be required to transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where third parties process the information on Company’s or our partner’s behalf (for more information, please see "THIRD PARTY USE" below).
We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use the web analytics tools to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our Site (such as name, email address, or billing address, but excluding IP addresses).
3. THE WAYS WE MIGHT SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
3.1. TO CONTACT YOU
We may use your personal information to contact you both as a response to your request and when we feel the need to inform or notify you.
3.2. INTERNAL USE
We may share your personally identifiable information within our corporate group (which includes Company and any parent or subsidiary companies) for the purposes of furthering our business and services, including analyzing your information, improving the Site, and other uses.
3.3. AGGREGATED INFORMATION
We may collect aggregated demographic information about our users, such as age, interests, etc. We may share certain aggregated demographic information with our business partners regarding the users of the Site. The aggregated information that we provide is not directly linked to any personally identifiable information.
3.4. THIRD PARTY USE
We may share your personally identifiable information with our subsidiary companies, our affiliates and our business partners, all of whom work with or on behalf of Company under confidentiality and data protection obligations. These companies may use your personal information to assist Company in performing services you requested, or for communicating with you about the Site, Company, or other offerings of Company. Such third parties will be contractually obligated to protect your information.
3.5 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary for the following reasons:
- to correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and services to you and to process your information;
- to protect the security and integrity of the Site and our internet service, including without limitation to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- to take precautions against liability;
- to respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties;
- if we buy or sell a business or substantially all the assets of a business, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer (and their respective employees, contractors, officers and directors) of such business or assets;
- if Company or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data we hold about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
- as required by law or to respond to judicial process; and
- as permitted under other provisions of law, to provide personal information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required to:
- send and receive messages regarding your use of the Site;
- conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks;
- conform to the limitations of our service; or
- conform to other, similar technical requirements.
3.6. USAGE TRACKING
We may monitor how our users use our Site including without limitation search terms entered, pages visited, and documents viewed. This information may be stored with an IP address. This information is used solely for purposes of enabling us to provide you with a personalized Site experience. Aggregated forms of this data may also be used in order to help us understand areas for future research and to identify future features and functions to develop for the Site.
3.7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for and shall not have any liability arising from the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
3.8. PROCESSING, STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
revised on October 21st, 2015